Sinclair-St Louis, 1889-1890

Did the Sinclair Paint Company originate in St Louis?

I happened to be using the new databases section of Ancestry.com and ran
across one for the St Louis, Missouri City Directory for 1889-1890.  I
extracted the following SINCLAIR data in case it is of interest to anyone.  I
couldn't help but notice the apparent connection of the St Louis Sinclairs
with the painting industry. Never having researched the Sinclair Paint
Company--and not recalling discussion on the list regarding it--thought I
would inquire:  do the folks listed below connect to the Sinclair Paint
Company?

Search Results

Search Terms: SINCLAIR (15)

Database: St. Louis, Missouri Directories, 1889-1890

Combined Matches: 15

Name Business Name Occupation Location 1 Location 2 City State Year

Sinclair Black   engineer   r. 1529 Mallinckrodt St. Louis MO 1890

William A. Kirwan; E. W. Sinclair Kirwan & Co. bookmkrs. Chamber of Commerce

St. Louis MO 1890

Allen Sinclair Sinclair Painting Co. president   r. 1117 Salisbury St. Louis

MO 1890

Bryan Sinclair   laborer   r. 810 High St. Louis MO 1890

Clarence A. Sinclair Sinclair Painting Co. secretary   r. 1117 Salisbury St.

Louis MO 1890

Edward W. Sinclair Hopkins-Weller D. Co. trav.   boards St. James Hotel St.

Louis MO 1890

Elizabeth Sinclair, widow Bryon       r. 1112 Wash St. Louis MO 1890

E. W. Sinclair Kirwan & Co.   Chamber of Commerce r. Chicago, Ill. St. Louis

MO 1890

James Sinclair   paint.   r. 1407 N 7th St. Louis MO 1890

James Sinclair, Jr.   paint.   r. 1407 N. 7th St. Louis MO 1890

Louis W. Sinclair   paint.   r. 3111 S. Broadway St. Louis MO 1890

Allen Sinclair Sinclair Painting Co. president 3704 N. 1Fourth   St. Louis

MO 1890

Robert Sinclair   laborer   r. rear 1731 N. 11th St. Louis MO 1890

Thomas Sinclair   cook   r. 311 Market St. Louis MO 1890

William Sinclair   paint. 1407 N. 7th   St. Louis MO 1890