eclipse

I'm waiting with great curiosity to hear from those living in Normandy and
England to tell us about the eclipse.  I suppose in this day of scientific
enlightenment, there isn't much to say......
    But evidently 1000 years ago when Richard II was Duke of Normandy and
his nephew (our Walderne/Walter) was perhaps 8 years old, it was quite an
event.  Since it was so close to the millennium and followed the devastation
of the Crusades, perhaps they believed that the day of reckoning was upon
them.
Laurel