Re: Earls of Caithness

John,

I appreciate greatly the chart that you have provided on your site.  As a matter
of fact I appreciate your whole site.  I do however find interest in something
more.  I am curious about the path of the title and how it got from family to
family.  Your diagram does not bring to the attention of the viewer that, for
instance one Earl might have been the grandfather of the next and so on.  On
several occasions the title passed to a very very distant cousin.  I just
thought that having a map of the actual title rather than just one family would
benefit many in their searches.  This title went through so many different
families, in fact that virtually all of us are probably touched by it in some
way.

Michelle