Re: New member

-------

Toni,
    I am so excited, I believe that we may be from the same line.  A newspaper
article written for an Orkney newspaper in 1909 regarding ROBERT SINCLAIR
(1832-1914) and MARY SUTHERLAND ALAN SINCLAIR's 50th wedding
anniversary:"Belonging to a family with eight brothers, namely MALCOLM,
ALEXANDER, JOHN, JAMES, GEORGE, WILLIAM, ISAAC, and ROBERT.  Only two are
alive- Alexander who has for a number of years resided in Galt, Toronto, and
Robert whose golden wedding has just taken place."  According to the IGI, I
found birthdates on all the children except Alexander and Malcolm; it seems
they were listed in birth order in the article . The third child listed was
JOHN born Nov. 11, 1818.   The marriage date, I have for their parents:JAMES
SINCLAIR ans BARBARA GROAT is Jan. 2, 1816.   ROBERT, born 1832 is ALEXANDER's
youngest brother.  ROBERT was my great -great grandfather.   I have the birth
records of Robert naming his parents as well at the OPR of JAMES SINCLAIR and
BARBARA GROAT's marriage, census records, photos etc.  Are you sure of  your
ALEXANDER's parents?  Where were they from?  I can send you what I have, if
you would like to study the matter, where do you live?
incerely,
                                                                            Ma
rilyn Eddy Siperek
                                                                             4