Re: Winnipeg Sinclairs

-------

my name is Donald Sinclair. I'm from Scotland originally. Came to Canada in
1948 to Vancouver, B.C.  I visited a Donald H. Bain in Winnipeg who lived on
the Red
River on Eastgate I think.  There also was a family of Sinclairs near St
Boniface but I cannot remember their first names or their correct address, I'm
just guessing. We
called Donald, Uncle Dan, and he had a business called Donald H. Bain, Ltd all
over Canada.  Perhaps we belong to the same gang.  Our place in Scotland was
in
Caithness in Dunbeath, called the Lappan.  That is the croft where my
Grandfathers brothers and sisters scattered to N. Z., Australia, Canada & the
U.S.A.  He stayed in Glasgow where his John H. Sinclair, Ltd was a very
successful business till sold in the 50's.  My father and mother ran
Sinclairs' The Balloch Tea Rooms, in Balloch, Loch Lomond for many years. My
career was in shipping.  All the best.
[
[  info sinclair
[