[an error occurred while processing this directive]
First, I congratulate you on a very nice new site for the Caithness Family History Society. Now, I'm confused. I read through the surnames listed right on the home page and see no mention of St. Clair. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the guy believed to have made the crossing to North America roughly 100 years before Columbus was known as both Henri St. Clair or Henri Sinclair. How is it that St. Clair so often gets left out of the listings of surnames? I've also read that St. Clair preceeded the pronounciation Sinclair as it was St. Clair when it left Normandy. I list the names on the home page of the site below. Surnames: Adams; Alexander; Allan; Anderson; Angus; Bain; Banks; Bremner; Bruce; Budge; Calder; Cameron; Coghill; Craig; Cruickshank; Donaldson; Doull; Dunnett; Dunnet; Dunbar; Durrand; Finalyson; Gray; Geddes; Georgeson; Groat; Gunn; Harper; Henderson; Horne; Keith; Kennedy; Laird; Lyall; MacDonald; Mackay; Mackenzie; Macphee; Macpherson; Malcolm; Mann; Mason; Manson; Miller; Moodie; Mowat; Oag; Old; Oliphant; Reid; Robertson; Rosie; Ross; Ryrie; Sandison; Shearer; Skinner; Simpson; Sinclair; Smith; Stephen; Stevens; Sutherland; Swanson; Tait; Wares; Warrs; Warse; Watt http://www.CaithnessFHS.org.uk/ Thanks, STeve [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html