[an error occurred while processing this directive]
At 10:40 AM 12/9/01 -0500, you wrote: >According to "The Saint-Clairs of the Isles" a small lock puzzle, >called the "bojor," was ascribed in one or another to Malcolm >Sinclair, the murdered ambassador. Over a century ago, this toy was >popular with children in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Some say >Sinclair invented that lock as a form of amusement while in captivity. >It is also thought that it was used on his prison door and he was >promised to be set free if he could open it. Another theory is that it >was used on Sinclair's dispatch box while in route to Constantinople. >It consists of a bolt that has to be disconnected from seven rings. >An ingenious device to say the least. > My question--has anyone seen one of these bojors. It would be a >neat device to exhibit at a Clan Sinclair tent. I am sure that it [ Excess quotations omitted. ] I have never heard of this, but I think it sounds like a great idea! (And a great idea for a story, too, for that matter. hmm.) I would love to see one. Jen Jennifer St.Clair Bush http://www.sff.net/people/jenstclair http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/enapay/ "I'm a card-carrying member of the cult of story" --Bryn Neuenschwander "You don't define yourself by what you have to do to make a living, but by what you want to do." -- Charles DeLint, Memory and Dream [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html