[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Lenna, purported Godmother of Margaret's Rachel Sinclair is my real name. I have no aliases. Do I owe you money? Are you an investor in one of my companies? Are you pregnant and claming paternity? I have different email addresses. I have listed them all on this list. I have been since childhood known as Sinclair. The real thinking behind this question is pre-eminently practical and applied. It is directed to what is close at hand and personal. In general, it can be said that this mentality manifests an undeveloped, childlike, or primitive character; instead of the thirst for knowledge, curiosity; instead of judgement, prejudice; instead of thinking, imagination or dreaming; instead of will. Where you take up an objective problem, do not content yourself with solving riddles; where you battle for knowledge and understanding do not content yourself with faith or superstition, or make assumptions.Of what relevance are my Christian name to you? Existence is no more than the precarious attainment of relevance in an intensely mobile flux of past, present, and future. I prefer to write about the history of this amazing family. I am bored with if it is snowing in Melbourne or who is staying the weekend, coupled with smile faces made of colon and paragraph endings Time is pushing me inexorably along. I am approaching the threshold of age; in 2085 I shall be 144. I must stop the activities of youth and begin take on the dignities and gravities and inertia proper to that season of honourable senility. Many people feel empty, a world that seemed so strong collapses. Years have been wasted on stupid strife. The values gathered together vanish, the strategies for survival become ridiculous. Our lives become a story, a bad anecdote. However it may be possible to remember these adventures with a kind of irony. Sinclair [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html