[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Susan Marsh found these for me: Clovis people: Dennis Stanford: http://www.mnh.si.edu/arctic/html/dennis_stanford.html Please remember in the context of the time frames: There is an extensive 10,600 year old Paleo-Indian site in Debert, Nova Scotia at which they have found 10,600 year old Latin American artifacts, indicating trade and communication... 10,000 year-old underwater city off japan, maybe one off Cuba...Stonehenge, Egypt...South America...I must do a Map and a book of days for this stuff...it's contemporary with the building of the Sphinx, according to some, although I'm inclined to believe that it's older...but I'm inclined to believe that everything, even Niven, is older... If I had a theory: you can tie all these sites & speculations together with Sanford's Opinion (he is/was the head of Archeology for the Smithsonian) and get a picture of a known world, not a New World... Great heaps of knowledge were destroyed or forbidden in the first half of the first Millennium... The natural routes are Iceland, Greenland, L'Anse Aux meadows, Nova Scotia, New England, and on down the coast...up rivers, into the St Lawrence...all over the continent. I'm not surprised if copper was mined here centuries ago, as I feel (without one shred of evidence) that the Gold River was mined then as well... But how do you look for 5000 year-old evidence in a mine that was re-worked just a century and a half ago? As for archeological evidence, it has been pointed out before on this list that it was a policy of the Church to build on previously sacred sites and obliterate all trace of them. There are some spectacular churches in nova scotia...not necessarily for their architecture, but for their land & view... be well, rob Other Clovis sites: http://www.clovisandbeyond.org/ While I was at it I found several interesting sites on Kennewick man http://www.kennewick-man.com/news/ http://www.cr.nps.gov/aad/kennewick/ http://www.mnh.si.edu/arctic/html/kennewick_man.html [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html