[an error occurred while processing this directive]
on 10/05/2001 13:39, Ian Sinclair at icsinclair@home.com wrote: Dear Ian, Since I am French I could tell you exactly what it means but I am not sure if you spelled the first word correctly : « taviv» ? Could you check the spelling or write it in lower cases so that I have a better idea? ... The second part is easier: tu tires- it's eiher « you shoot », or « you pull ». Francine > > I have in my possessiona family seal which I understand to belong to the > Fenwick Clan. The shield has two rows of bird's with 3 birds in each verticle > half of the shield.the Phoenix is on top with wings spread open.The motto > which goes round the bottom part of the shield say's [TAVIV TU TIRES ], i have > no idea what it means. > ----- Original Message ----- [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html