RE: SINCLAIR/HENDERSON

At 10:38 29/09/99 -0700, you wrote:

> Hi Listmembers,
>      This is my first message.  I'm researching my g-g-g-g-grandfather:
> ROBERT HENDERSON:  (1771-1854) Rich Hill, Muskingum, Ohio.  One of the
> witnesses of his Will was John Sinclair, Muskingum, OH.  Two of my
> Henderson's were:
>
> JOHN SINCLAIR HENDERSON  &
> GEORGE ST CLAIR HENDERSON
>
>     There may be more, I don't know all of the children of all of the
> generations but this middlename SINCLAIR tradition spans at least 4
> generations.
>      Can anyone explain the background for this loyalty and/or tradition
> between the two clans?  Were there intermarriages?
> Appreciate any information,
> Karen Henderson
> Sunnyvale, CA
> ><mailto:DOTY_CARSTENSEN@MSN.COM>DOTY_CARSTENSEN@MSN.COM<
>
>     The Hendersons and the Sinclairs were intermarried on numerous
occasions.

>      Just as you have Sinclair as a middle name, a branch of our family has
> Henderson

       -notably that of my cousin Donald Henderson Sinclair whose father was
John 'Jack'
       Henderson Sinclair just as his grandfather was John Henderson Sinclair.

       I had the original* of Henderson's History of Caithness but, alas, it
has disappeared
       without trace and, as I am at home at the moment recovering from a knee
operation,
       I haven't access to my other books which are either in London or in
Caithness.#

       However, if Milamba or my cousin, Donald, read this exchange they will
be able to
        fill in the gaps.

       Niven Sinclair