RE: SINCLAIR/HENDERSON

Hi Listmembers,
     This is my first message.  I'm researching my g-g-g-g-grandfather:
ROBERT HENDERSON:  (1771-1854) Rich Hill, Muskingum, Ohio.  One of the witnesses of his Will was John Sinclair, Muskingum, OH.  Two of my Henderson's were:

JOHN SINCLAIR HENDERSON  &
GEORGE ST CLAIR HENDERSON

    There may be more, I don't know all of the children of all of the generations but this middlename SINCLAIR tradition spans at least 4 generations.
     Can anyone explain the background for this loyalty and/or tradition between the two clans?  Were there intermarriages?
Appreciate any information,
Karen Henderson
Sunnyvale, CA