Re: The Rooster on the Clan Sinclair Crest

I think once again we're all confronted with the Templar mysteries that none
of us know completely, some of which we were presented a legacy of at
Rosslyn, some of which will perhaps always be lost, some of which we might
even reject-however I can say this: if what few records on the Dupuy
connection have been unearthed are legitimate, and the descendants of the
American Bartholomew Dupuy are descendants of Hughes (Hugh) Dupuy (numerous
spelling of both Hugh and Dupuy), and if we ever in Scotland or France find
the marriage register containing the record of Catherine
(Catharine/Katherine) St Clair (Sinclair), and the lineage is proven- there
has continued to be heretic leanings down thru time, continued to be people
who refused to have a religion forced on them and have been on a quest all
throughout life for the truth.  The truth changes as information becomes
known to us. The truth expands across a few more centuries the more I find
out-but there is -at the bottom of this-a truth that reaches like a hand
across all those years- the truth with a few ripples here and there-
personally I think it is the hand of God- with a few ripples as I said.
How this came about, for me, was my teenager began to read about King Arthur,
then the KT's and was talking to me about them. I had never heard of them,
but mentioned them to my mother who proceeded to say, "Oh, yes, the Knights
Templar-you're descedended from one of them, the Grand Master, Hughes Dupuy".
Thunderstruck was I? Yes indeed. She has been involved in family research for
over 30 yrs, and I spent many vacations in courthouse basements and
cemeteries.    She then said she had my Dad's line somewhere and he was
descended from the Stewart/Stuarts, Janet Stewart who married John Sinclair.
So here we are.  My mother actually has no idea who and what the KT's really
were or did;she knows only they were Knights. She has read Rex Deus and like
many people who are confronted with such information, she waves it all away
which is the easiest thing to do.  We are then confronted with just how much
we really want to know- just as may Christians think the whole story ends at
the tomb or the cross and never wonder what happened to the rest of the
family, how or why that religion spread and changed, what of it all is true
and what is fabrication, what is actually the same story repeated over and
over down thru time with the names changed,  etc. It is much easier to think
that way-the rest of the story is so massive and spread out it takes more
than a lifetime to take in. Or it might be easier to read thru it all and
reject it all, choosing to be a deist as Thomas Jefferson, or an atheist, or
a Druid or whatever, which brings us right back to the question at the top.
Why in the world would church steeples have roosters on them? Does anyone
have that information? Does this perhaps advertise 'eggs for sale here; go to
the poultry yard behind the church?' ...........where else in the world does
this tradition exist-does anyone know?                If the rooster story
connection to courage has any ring of truth to it, perhaps that person
'strutted around like a rooster' as some people do, was known for it, and
therefore awarded it-but is there actually any record of this-on paper,
anywhere?
 I have read everything I can get my hands on re the KT's. I do believe they
were pretending to be good Catholics as a coverup, with the support of
Bernard of Clairvaux. I doubt they ever embraced the Catholic Church as a
whole, but as a means. As I've read elsewhere and it is true-to understand
some of that you have to put yourself back in that place and time-and study
the history of what appears to be almost constant war, constant family feuds
and murders, constantly changing boundaries and language-I was looking
yesterday at the Occitan spelling of Hughes which is Ug or Ugos-who would
think to look for records under that?
Lastly, in this family there is a continuation of a lineage of Masonry in the
family and I think we would all agee that group has a great body of
information held by the Templars-whether all or only part. My Dad has told me
they have libraries-as noted previously in this list-I dont know how much of
that info has been gone thru by Masons in this family.         Discussion
please and thank you all-Gay Dvorak