John Sinclair, Seacaptain in Virginia, Revolutionary War

Hello!

       I am interested in learning as much as possible about John Sinclair
who was a sea captain living in southern Virginia at the time of the
Revolutionary War.  He ran the British naval blockade of U.S. ports and went
to Barbados and purchased supplies.  He ran the blockade to get back into
Virginia and gave these supplies to General George Washington and the
Continental Army.  I would like to know when and where he was born and when
and where he died.
       If anyone has any information about him, I would appreciate it if they
could please send it to me.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Sinclair Green Grady
Virginia Commissioner