Canadian patents haggis launcher

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_496952.html?menu=news.quirkies

Canadian patents haggis launcher

A Canadian businessman has built a special launcher to propel haggis across a
river.

Gordon Sinclair has patented his invention, which he has been working on for a
year.

He will attempt to shoot a haggis across Calgary's Bow River to raise money
for charity.

Mr Sinclair, who runs Gordon's Fine Meats in Calgary, threw a haggis in the
river last year and wants to go one better this time.

He told the Calgary Sun: "We never give up. It's in the blood. If we reach
the other side, the goal is for my dog to bring it back to me."

The Bow River challenge is part of his Robert Burns Night Fundraiser on
January 25. Proceeds will go to a local writing group.

Story filed: 18:08 Wednesday 16th January 2002