Re: The Roll of Battle Abbey - Sinclairs at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Ian!

There's no mistake in the exagerration!

Most of the websites talk about 1+9! e.g. from Kingscrest:

" When William the Conqueror was recruiting his forces, he selected Walderne
of St. Clair (1006-1075) to be one of his commanders. The Roll of Battle
Abbey contains Walderne's name along with nine other Sinclairs. For his
success on the battlefield, Walderne was granted a large amount of land on
the Medway River in England."

Now we know it was just Richard at Hastings - not Walderne - and so the
other 9 remain a mystery!

I suspect you'll have to go a long way to be nit-picker 0f 2002!!! ;-)

Three cheers

Iain