Re: To the son of Ernest E. St. Clair

kermit wrote:

> Hi
> Welcome to the list Neil [?]
> I`m Ian Patrick St. Clare. [Known as Kermit] Living in Wales U.K.
> I found your fathers name interesting as my father is Ernest Edgar John St.
> Clare & my G.fathers name was Ernest William. my G.father was born somewhere
> in Ireland about 1874. So Ernest seems a strong name in my branch.
> Do you have any Irish connections?
> Good luck with your search.
> All the best,      Kermit

Neil writes:
Dear Kermit,
    I notice that you wrote Neil (?) - the (?) is Ernest St. Clair

I do not know of any Irish connection in the family.

We trace our ancestry back to a 12 year old boy, Daniel St. Clair, who arrived
in America from Scotland in 1771 at age 12.  I have no record of his place of
birth in Scotland or of his parents.

I do not know where the Ernest Edward came from other than his mother or
fathers  choice.
The mens names back to Daniel are: Ernest Edward; Andrew Jackson; George
Washington; David P.; Daniel. If you know anything about American history, we
know where those names came from.