Re: list move

>If there is an alternative to losing all the information that has been
>accumulated over the past years, of course I would prefer that.

There is no reason anything has to be lost.

>If, however, the burden of maintaining the process as it has been is too
>great, then I will become a member of the abbreviated list.

There is no reason there has to be an abbreviated list.

40% of the people on the old list have already subscribed to Gary's list,
in less than a week after he created it.

All of you have received an invitation to do so.

>  Either way,
>I want to stay in contact but my preference is to keep the list as close
>to its original state as possible.  That's what drew me to it in the
>first place.

Thanks to you and all the others who have sent kind words.

Gary is using the same guidelines on the new list as on the old, and it
has many, one hopes soon all, of the same people, so it is very similar.

All of the people who had suggested other lists have joined Gary's list.
There is quite a bit of discussion over there already.

It seems clear to me that Gary's list sinclair-discussion@yahoogroups.com
is the new list.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>