Re: Origin of Irish Sinclairs: Sinclair -> Nokaird?????

--Boundary_(ID_vX0+1KZTR5u+nAmU76RtVA)

"he was deprived of his freedom by Act of Council
18 August 1655" for me?  Does it refer to his
status as Freeman?  If so, why didn't he have an
F next to his name.

Joe, It's a very cryptic notation. I'll ask someone
in Scotland about it...

My questions are - What is "Council?"  City Council?
"....deprived of freedom..." Is that a nice way of saying
thrown in prison? Or simply a status change?

I'll try to find that out. If we could find records of him
in Ireland, it might answer whether he was in prison
or, immediately after this act by Council, showed up
in Ireland.

--Boundary_(ID_vX0+1KZTR5u+nAmU76RtVA)--