Re: sur-Epte last year

OKAY, you beat me! I know you kneaded to say that, and I just don't have the
courage (gall?) to get into the mix and have you sifting my words and taking
my measure.  It is too hot in the kitchen, and I shall roll on before my
words become tart.

(You know we're going to get banned from the list from this, don't you?
Political and religious comment are one thing.  Outrageous punnery is quite
another).

Glen

labehotiere@wanadoo.fr writes:

> Dear Glen Cook
>
> You have weeviled  your way to the heart of the matter?  You may not have
> heard of Sir Dough de Santo Claro, who whilst fighting the in the yeast was
> in bad knead of proofing. His son rising to the occasion battered the
> Pillsbury dough boy into a bakers dozen. At Easter his progeny are know and
> remembered as the cross bun lads. Sir Dough was a direct descendant of
> Durum and the lovely Amerindian Soft Red Winter. their grand child was born
> 1683 AD in Vienna Austria when a baker grateful to the King of Poland for
> saving Austria from Turkish invaders. reshaped the local bread so that it
> resembled the King's stirrup. The child was named "beugel,"  from the German
> word stirrup, "bugel"

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]