Re: Re: Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité pour tous

Dear Jean

The United States Constitution declares That Congress alone has in the power
to declare war. The Constitution makes no provision for undeclared wars.
"Article. I. Section 8 Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque
and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; "

I suppose that the executive branch is relying on;  Article. I. "Section 9
Clause 2: The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended,
unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require
it." to hold people without charge.  This is wrong! .

I am sorry that you misinterpreted my remarks about America. Throughout
history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the
indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice
of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evils to
triumph. Today of all days it is our duty to remember not only the attack on
the World Trade Centre but the rights and duties enshrined in law. If you
enter any kind of a conflict and change radically your law or apply it
selectively or change your principles you have lost

On 11 September 1990 the four victorious allies, of World War II, Britain,
the United States, the USSR and France  and the two Germanys formally ended
World War II by signing a treaty that cleared way for a united Germany  on 3
October. France did not belong at the table.  France's presence was a sop
given by the other principal allies. A section of divided Berlin was
assigned to France to govern.   Incidentally the first British Military
Governor of Berlin's British sector was Charles Sinclair. His office was
located in Berlin's Olympic Stadium.  The same stadium in which Hitler left
rather that greet the great American Olympian Jesse Owens.

The sacrifice of the 51st Highland Division was an attempt by Churchill to
keep the French fighting. It did not work.  The French now acknowledge, but
hide, their complicity in Nazi atrocities. They are proud to take you to a
village church yard and show you were resistance fighters were shot by the
Germans. Sally ably points out the provisions of the armistice between
France and Germany.  The terms are disgraceful, there are however historical
fact.  The proposed anti lynching bill introduced in the American Congress
is also a historical fact. It is no more a slur on America to speak of that
historical fact than it is to bring to light the historical document that
was first ratified on 7 December 1787 that birthed the American Republic,
The Constitution of the United States.

It is historical fact that the French opened the gates of Paris to the
invaders rather that have it damaged.  They led the Nazi in the footsteps of
Napoleon the Germans staggering through the winter The Soviets falling back
before the gates of Moscow, and Moscow standing in the wings like an avenger
The Soviet scorched the Earth of Holy Russia rather than let the Nazi find
and comfort. They killed their livestock and burnt their fields. Brave men
the partisans stirred in the forests. The Nazi never knew which way to look
which way to turn. The Soviets lost 27 Million people rather than surrender.
 .
The statement referred to at
http://sinclair.quarterman.org/archive/2002/08/msg00222.html is "He
convening a council on a daily  basis,  from which he excluded grand nobles,
surrounding  himself  instead  with ministers. " The statement does not
imply or state that he did not associate with Grand Nobles it states that he
excluded them from his council.

Sinclair