Re: note for Bannockburn and Gilbert de Clare

Okay here is my attempt top clarify.  First I must sy that my information is
not primary, nor secondary but the compilation of a variety of sources that
may not make the top ten reliable genealogical materials.  My family tree
program computes relations upon request and that is how the relationship was
calculated.  I welcome corrections or objects (like that needs to be
encouraged on this list).  Here are the two lines compared to each other side
by side with ancestors to descendents with the computation of the first
cousin's four time removed noted.
  Gilbert DeClare line                                           Thomas Saint
Clair line
1.Gilbert DeClare/Isabell Marshall
Same
2.Richard DeClare/ Maud DeLacy
Same
3.Gilbert theRed DeClare / Joan of Arce              His Brother     3.Thomas
DeClare/Julianna FitzMaurice
4.Gilbert DeClare b. 1291 no desc.       Gilbert's First Cousin 4. Margaret
DeClare/Bart.DeBadlesmere
                                                               1st Once
Removed  5. Margaret DeBadlesmere/John DeVere
                                                                1st 2x
Removed       6. Margaret DeVere/Sir Nick DeLovaine
                                                                 1st 3x
Removed      7  MargaretDeLovaine/PhillipSentclere
                                                                 1st 4x
Removed      8. Thomas Saint Clair
Hope this clarifies the relationships as I have them.

Marilyn K. Eddy Siperek
Great Valley, NY