Re: Sir John Sinclair's History of the Revenue.

Dear John:
The following  titles I have culled from Rosalind Mitchison's book
"Agricultural Sir John: The Life of Sir John Sinclair of Ulbster 1754-1835"
(1962)
I have heard of many more in passing, some pamphlets and small works on such
things as "On the Treatment of Impetago" and "Travelling in Eastern Europe"
(published as a pamphlet after a 2 week tour of Poland, Austria et al.) and
some of which I have seen for sale in various book sales.
-General View of the Agriculture of the Northern Counties
-Account of the Systems of Husbandry Adopted in the More Improved Districts
of Scotland
-The Statistical Account of Scotland.
-A History of the Public Revenue of the British Empire
-Code of Agriculture  (I have a copy dedicated to Lord Tweed and signed by
Sir John with the date 1832)
-Code of Health and Longevity
-Dissertation on the Authenticity of Ossian (Sir John believed that
Macpherson's poetry originated with Ossian)
-General Report on Scotland
-Observations on the Scottish Dialect
-Thoughts on the Naval Strength of the British Empire

I am not sure if there is a bibliography of his complete oeuvre but this
will give you a flavour of what he was about.

He wrote thousands of letters and was a correspondent of Burke, Pitt the
younger, Jefferson and just about anybody who was anybody during his day.
His correspondence still exists at Thurso East Mains in Thurso, the house
occupied by his descendant John Thurso and his wife Lady Marian Thurso.

Rory
-