Sinclair babes shipped as slaves

Between 1869 and the early 1930s, over 130,000 British children were sent to Great Britain's commonwealth countries during the child emigration movement, the children were still arriving on ships to Australia as late as 1967. I was appalled to read and discover this.

The reality of this policy was to remove children, some as young as three years old, from their homes, from their mothers and fathers, from all that was familiar to them, and to ship them thousands of miles away from their home country to institutions in distant lands within the Commonwealth. Many of these children were removed without their parents' knowledge or consent.
For the purpose of migrating young children to populate the empire with "Good White British stock". Some Canadian farmers were even charged with manslaughter, such was the extent of their cruelty. Very few children were legally adopted overseas and the vast majority spent their entire childhoods in large, impersonal institutions or farm schools which accommodated up to three hundred and fifty children.

Australia 1944
It is proposed that the Commonwealth seek out in Britain and Europe, in each of the first three post-war years, at least 17,000 children a year (I.e. about 50,000 in three years) suitable and available for migration to Australia..."
Statement by the acting Australian Prime Minister, December 1944

You can read more about it here.
http://www.nottscc.gov.uk/child_migrants/

You can search the Canadian records for children here.
I found 43 Sinclair children. I'm sure there were more sent to other countries.
http://www.archives.ca/02/02011002_e.html