Re: Pleasanton California Highland Games

In a message dated 9/2/2002 2:43:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sthelens@earthlink.net writes:

This was ship #3.
According to the managers of "The Clan Line Steamers., LTD" The first "Clan
Sinclair" came into service in 1882. The second was built in 1907 and broken
up in 1933. The third was built in 1950. So there were 3 "Clan Sinclair"
steamers that served Clan Lines to South Africa, East Africa, Ceylon,
India/Pakistan and Australia. The third Clan Sinclair was used on all of
these routes.
GDS

> I did a search for the Clan Sinclair ships and found the following:
>
> Mike Sinclair
>                                             SPRINGBOK LINE
>
>                                                 FLEET LIST
>
>        A LEAP BACK IN TIME - SPRINGBOK SHIPPING CO. LTD.
>
> 1. BOSBOK (1960-61)
> O.N. 182148 Tonnages and dimensions: 8405g 4430n 11000dw 512'7" x 66'4" x

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]