Hérouville St. Clair, France

Hello!

       In June my husband and I went to Europe.  While on the trail of Rollo
the Viking and William the Conqueror in northern France, we spent the night
at an IBIS hotel in Hérouville St. Clair, a small town just east of Caen,
France.  I asked the hotel desk clerk where the town's name came from,
explaining that my mother's maiden name is Sinclair.  The clerk did not know.
       Does anyone know how this town got its name?  Maybe Monsieur Philippe
Sinclair, who I understand lives in northern France, could tell me.  I would
very much like to know.
       Thank you for you kind assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Susan Grady
Alexandria, Virginia