Re: Memorial Day

Dear Gaynor,

There is no justification and never will be for 11 September.  America is
not asking for help. The American President is asking for a total commitment
to his worldview.  America has a minority president, who lost a popular vote
in which a disinterested electorate of less than 50% of America's eligible
voters took part, who may engulf the world in flames.

America did bash Europe's struggle 1939 to 1945. America entered WWII only
after it was attacked.

America First Committee had Four Principles before the United States entered
WWII

1.The United States must build an impregnable defense for America
2. No foreign power, nor group of powers, can successfully attack a prepared
America
3. American democracy can be preserved only by keeping out of the European
war.
4."Aid short of war" weakens national defense at home and threatens to
involve America in war abroad.

American companies duPont and Ford among them supplied the Nazi war machine.

The Nazi's were responsible for at least 50 million deaths and over European
objections they were given open and fair trials only at the instance of the
great American President Harry Truman. Truman rightly demanded that the rule
of law was supreme.

Truman said "Undiscriminating executions or punishments without definite
findings of guilt fairly arrived at, would not fit easily on the American
conscience or be remembered by our children with pride."

No European leader is asking that we fail in our duty of aiding our valiant
allies, the Americans.  What Europeans are asking is that the principal of
just law arrived at with consent of the governed is fairly enforced.

On 14 July 1941 Charles De Gaulle delivered a radio address in which he
urged Americans to join in the struggle against Nazi tyranny and oppression.
De Gaulle had fled to Britain in 1940 after Henri Pétain and other French
leaders sold French to Nazi Germany. De Gaulle organized Free French forces
in London and rallied French colonies to the Allied cause. The Free French
fought successfully in North Africa.  On 26 August 1944, De Gaulle
triumphantly and at the instance of the American Eisenhower, he led Allied
forces in the liberation of Paris. It was only after America was attacked by
Germany's allies that America entered the war.

"Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United
States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air
forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of
Japan, was still in conversation with the government and its emperor looking
toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific" F. D. Roosevelt 8, December,
1941

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It
both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of
war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind
has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the
citizenry.

Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will
offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know?
For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."   Julius Caesar "The Gallic
Wars"

It is a Jihad. It is a Crusade. It is both just and proper to make the world
safe and guns alone will never make the world safe. Denying the right of
others will never guarantee our rights. It is not, however worth losing our
freedoms for. The Four Freedoms of the Atlantic charter and the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights must apply equally to all men.

Sinclair