Unpleasant Facts

"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts,
foreign ideas, alien
philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its
people judge the truth
and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
John F. Kennedy

The Herald Tribune reports that the last of the rubble will be cleared away
from the World Trade Centre within days.  The newspaper further reports that
many bodies have not been found or identified.  For the families of these
people there is no final act no funeral to attend. Their grief still lives
with them in the sight flicker of hope.

In honouring the innocents victims of this foul, dastardly deed let our
nations live by the lamp of law.  Let America and with it the democratic
world stand strong, as one, in our principals and our laws.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous
crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in
cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual
service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for
the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be
compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be
deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor
shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
Amendment 5 US Constttution

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the
Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives,
our Fortunes and our sacred Honour."

excerpt from The American Declaration of Independence.

Sinclair