Re: Genealogy

At 12:56 PM 13/05/02 EDT, Harold in Kansas wrote:
>My understanding of Genome Project findings is that most modern Europeans
are
>descended from either an ancestral woman in Spain or another ancestral woman
>in Poland.  But of course, Charlemagne travelled a bit.

- which brought me to remember the following from "The Frost Show" (David
Frost), more years ago than I care to admit:

"and in news just to hand, figures show that a woman in China has a child
every 2.5 seconds.       What we must do is find this woman and stop her!"

The quote may not be entirely accurate, but the general gist is.
Hopefully all will be amused by it.    Hopefully.

Cheers,

Ian Newman
Perth, Western Australia