'King' William of Norway?

Sinclair had asked where I found my information about a possible attempt to seat Earl William on the Norwegian throne. I had seen it on a Sinclair website and today I found a mention.
http://sinclair.quarterman.org/who/earls_of_orkney.html
This is in no way a definitive statement on the matter and I would be interested if anyone has any additional information on this. I do believe I also saw this mentioned on the Clan Sinclair USA pages; the history section is under re-construction, so we will have to wait.
Take care, Kevin