Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

>In translating the Papal Bull Ad ea ex quibus (to them  by which) I am
>beginning to understand why only a barely readable copy scanned in Latin is
>available.
>
>John XXII was a greedy hectic!   Pope Adrian VI in 1523 declared John XXII a
>heretic.
>
>"It is beyond question that he [the pope] can err even in matters touching
>the faith. He does this when he teaches heresy by his own judgment or
>decretal."
>
>The consequence of heresy is instant and automatic excommunication. A

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

Curious how the current Vatican still recognizes that Bull as having
done just that....

Ex post facto excommunication doesn't change the fact that a pope in office
was a pope when he was in office, and thereby had administrative powers.

Still looking forward to your translation of the Papal Bull Ad ea ex quibus.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>