Re: Romney

In a message dated 2/22/2002 10:40:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
labehotierre@wanadoo.fr writes:

> Do the Americans have citizens born abroad, like we do?

Yes.  I'd also note that the Romneys were part of the Mormon colony in
Mexico.

> What is a Melchizedek priesthood?

The Priesthood in the LDS Church is divided into the Aaronic, or preparatory
priesthood, and the Melchizedek, or higher priesthood.  There are various
offices in each.  The young men you see in the white shirts, all with the
same first name of Elder, hold the office of Elder in the Melchizedek
Priesthood.  Bishops are High Priests.  They generally serve around five
years (at one time it was a decade and more).  A ward generally consists of
around 300-500 members in a geographical area.  The Bishop is a member of
that ward.  He is responsible for both the spiritual and temporal welfare of
all (LDS and non-LDS) who reside in the ward boundaries.

Glen Cook

Any comments herein or in subsequent posts are those of the author only.