Re: Orkney Science conference - and Big Aggie!

Hello everyone,

I've just been spending  a few days in Orkney visiting
old friends. So, time to get back to the Henry Sinclir
saga!

My memory of the performance by Tim and his companions
in Kirkwall a couple of years ago is that they did not
do themselves justice, to put it mildly.

   '1) Did the voyages take place?'  The consensus,
following their presentation, was that they (!) didn't
happen at all.

   '2) When did they happen?'  Once again, the
consensus was that 'they' didn't happen.

   '3) Who carved the Westford Knight?'  The consensus
was that the carving,or rather enhancement of
geological markings, was a recent event; and

   '4) Who built the Newport Tower?'  The consensus
was that it was built in the seventeenth century.

   I also have a recollection that one of the speakers
said that Aristotle made a trip to America.  But maybe
that was a nightmare!

Yours aye
Henry

PS  Enjoyed the Glasgow Tramcar Clippie yarns - who
sent them in?  Big Aggie - what a character! We need
more of the likes of her in this so, so serious and
intense world we now live in. Or am I being
nostalgically sentimental in my senescence?!

Wallace-Murphy <tim@templartim.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Am I alone in finding it rather odd in that the
> issue I am supposedly
> remebered by, duringt the last Orkney Science
> Festival we addressed on the
> Subject of the St Clair/Zeno voyage, does not afll
> into the remit of:
> 1) Did the voyages take place?