Fw: Gen Arthur, Monument & Masonic Society

Mel, I agree with you.  In all probability, several lodges joined
together because of the high cost of erecting the monument.  Also, it
may have been a joint effort because he had a large number of fellow
brothers  from neighboring chapters who simply wished to help
memorialize him.  Thus, more than one lodge being involved..........

It has been several years now, but I remember once walking to the
top(have not attempted to do it recently) of the Washington Monument
and seeing on the walls dozens of memorials to our Founding Father
from Grand Lodges, groups of lodges, etc.

Ward Ginn

Laurel, I do not know the answer to your question; however, suppose
that the
"Masonic Society" represented Brethren of more than one lodge?