Re: Removals from the list

Dana,

Thanks for the reply... and you are right... sometimes academics can appear to
be (unnecessarily) rude*.  In most cases however, they are just getting to the
point swiftly.  In academic circles during debates over differing hypotheses,
no one takes offense over curtness, especially when employed in "battle".

What is important is the truth seeking process, not who does it.   Amateurs can
contribute, especially if they use the same process that the pros use and
subject themselves to the same rules and disciplines.  (e.g. opinions without
"proofs" remain hypotheses not facts; primary sources trump secondary sources
every time;  when your arguments are defeated, you admit it; etc. ).

best regards,

Joe

* I agree with you more than you know...  after taking my degrees at the
university I started off the first 12 years of my working career as an
academic...      ;-)