Change of subject

Dearest Family, It seems that since we have returned to Virginia some of my
language has become very puzzling to my husband.  For example the other night
I said "Bob's your uncle" meaning that it was simple or easy to do or
understand.  Carl swears that he has never heard this used in this manner
before, but I of course am on the other side of the fence.  Can any of our
esteemed family help me out here?  By the way I agree that dismissal is far
too severe for the use of foul language.  Possibly if we wish to swear at
each other we could request the phone number of the other party and do it
directly, thereby not involving poor John or those virgin ears who tend to be
violated by a good hearty argument. I know how easy it is to send to the list
rather than the individual intended having done this only last week.  Help me
out on old Bob if you can and best to all of you, Charlotte Gellis