Re: Arthur St. Clair

> Peyton Randolph, Sept. 5, 1774  Resigned, Oct. 22, 1774 (I'm guessing he
was ill)

I posted earlier

> Thomas McKean July 10, 1781  (so why isn't he the 1st elected under the
> Articles of Confederation which was adopted in March of 1781??? instead of
> John Hanson) McKean was the last President of the Contential Congress.

thw Articles of Confederation were agreed to by Congress 15 November  1777;
ratified and in force, 1March 1781. Hanson was first elected under these
Articles. He served in that office from 5 November  1781 until 3
November1782. He was the first President to serve a full term after the full
ratification of the Articles of Confederation. Hanson  was strongly opposed
to the Constitution. He remained a confirmed anti-federalist until his
death.

Six other presidents were elected after him - Elias Boudinot (1783), Thomas
Mifflin (1784), Richard Henry Lee (1785), Nathan Gorman (1786), Arthur St.
Clair (1787), and Cyrus Griffin (1788)

Preamble

To all to whom these Presents shall come, we the undersigned Delegates of
the States affixed to our Names send greeting.

Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union between the States of New
Hampshire, Massachusetts bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,
Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland,
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

Article I. The Stile of this Confederacy shall be "The United States of
America."

Sinclair

Ref: Grant, George, "The Forgotten Presidents" (excerpted from "The
Patriot's Handbook").