Hoosierland celebrates Indiana Day Greetings to the Sinclairs around the world

       Greetings to All:

       Today is Indiana's Admission Day, a big day for Hoosiers.  Our state
is 185 years old today. The Governor up held the law by once again issuing
the Proclamation for Indiana Day.

       It began in 1811 as a petition to Congress for admission.  The
original petition got lost in the shuffle due to the War of 1812.  But then,
in 1815 another petition was sent to Congress.  This time Congress acted and
President Madison signed the enabling act in April 1816.  After the first
Indiana Constitutional Convention in June of 1816, Indiana officially became
a state on Dec. 11 when Madison signed the Congressional resolution formally
admitting Indiana into the Union.  Indiana's population at the time was a
mere 63,000 residents.

       Today, Indiana is the Crossroads of America.  Although in area it is
the smallest state west of the Appalachians (except for Hawaii), it is an
important state for manufacturing, agriculture, and transportation.  Hoosiers
are proud of their state's history and heritage.

       Let Hoosiers always remember this important day in our history.

       Best Wishes to All,    Ivan of Trafalgar