who was Katherine, wife of Hughes de Payen?

I've often heard that there had been a relationship between the St. Clairs (or Sinclairs) and Hughes de Payen. Tonight while watching the History International channel's "Ancient Almanac" (Nov. 19, 2001, 7PM), it was stated that Hughes de Payen married Katherine St. Claire, a daughter "of the noble French family of St. Claire." It then led into the family of Rosslyn.

That got me interested in finding out more about the genealogical path between these families which led me to this list. Is there any known association?