Re: Hollyhill Sinclair's

At 13:27 13/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>My Grandfather was Alfred Law Sinclair, he had two brothers , one named
>William Frederic who died May 15 1900, The other brother was named Donald
>Brook, he died June 1879.There was also two sisters, One named Jemima
>Sarah , She married 10Th February 1897 to Capt.Alexander Montgomery
>Stewart of Killendarrogh.The second sister was named Dorothea Mary.Should
>any one have any Tie's or information on the above please contact me
>through the Sinclair /Quarterman.org
>

>Yours Truly,
>
>Ian C. Sinclair

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

Dear Ian,
Your arms are those of the Earls of Caithness although the ships (one of
Orkney, the other of
Caithness) seem to have changed quarters unless I am looking at a mirror
image. The lions
are those of Nithsdale and Galloway. The crest, which shows a "cock", and
the motto of
of "Commit Thy Work to God" are those of the Earls of Caithness. The
"cock" is also the
emblem of a Captain General of the Knights Templar.
Each Earl's arms would be different in some slight respect.
Best wishes
Niven