Re: [SinclairAustralia] Rosslyn Castle - the transport ship

At 19:12 22/10/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>I do not know a lot about  the Rosslyn Castle use in Australia.  The ship
>did ferry a few convicts Down Under.  No Sinclair that I can find was
>transported to Oz on the Roslyn Castle, as the ship's name was then spelt.
<lots of great information snipped>

Many thanks for that information, Sinclair - much appreciated.

Interestingly, my mother said to me when I received the letter from Beulah:
"I wonder if that (the "Roslyn Castle") was part of the Castle line"......

- And so another Sinclair connection is made -
my father was in the Merchant Navy during WWII, and one of the ships he
served on was the "ARUNDEL CASTLE."

(Grandfather was Ronald Alexander St.Clair Newman, son of Rosabelle St.Clair)

Cheers,

Ian Newman
Perth, Western Australia