Re: Sinclair Dates

In a message dated Wed, 19 Sep 2001  3:04:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "John S. Quarterman" <jsq@quarterman.com> writes:

>    [1]Tomorrow:
>    September 20
>

>    1863: B. Chickamauga Creek, Bragg def. Rosecrans Source:

My great great grandafther, Sgt. Hiram Richard Sinclair, was in the 1st. Ohio Cavalry, Company I and was in the battle of Chickamauga. After a failed sabre charge they were surrounded and starving, but did not surrender. They were eventually rescued by Sherman's army of the Tennessee, which led to the "Battle Above the Clouds" at Chattanooga. He will be honored at the Hartford City Indiana Civil War Days festival on October 13th. this year. We have planned a family reunion around the day's events.

Donald Sinclair, Indianapolis