Re: Nostradamus.....What does He Know?

Yes this is absolutely correct. Nostradamus often refer to 'Normans' as
'anglos' or anglo-normans - who knows who these are here?
There are many other quatrain describing an Arab leader who will shake the
world such as Centurie V: XXVII, XLVII and LV...

Even one about 'twin rocks' and the new city: Centurie I, LXXXVII:

En nosigee, feu du centre de terre
Fera trembler autour de cité neuve
Deux grands rochers longtemps feront la guerre
Puis Arethuse rougira nouveau fleuve.

Which I can translate as: In sickness (?), fire from the center of the earth
will shake around the new city, the two rocks will be at war for a long
time, then Arethuse (?) will make the new river red...

It can be read as 'the two rocks are fighting each other', or 'the two rocks
part of the new city'... But then: that was Nostradmus's style: obscure!

One very interesting is: Centurie VIII, XVII about 3 brothers who will
imperil the world:

Les biens aisz seront demis
par les trois frères le monde mis en trouble
Cité marine saisiront ennemis,
faim, feu, sang, peste et tous les maux le double.

In English: Those well-off will be condemned
by the three brothers, the world will be in trouble
marine city - the enemy will be seized
hunger, fire, blood, plague and all ailments doubly.

Not very happy texts.....