From: "La Behotierre" <labehotierre@wanadoo.fr>
To: <sinclair@quarterman.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: 'Sinclair sabre's '

A very interesting sabre is the 'English thistle' it was the first sword
issued after Drummossie Moor to Scots troops.  It bears a English imprint on
a Scots basket hilt with a straight single blood flute. I acquired one a
number of years ago.  Mine is  good nick but far from mint. In a catalogue
published by the National Trust for Scotland in London 1996 ' The Swords and