all men are created equal

'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal...'

Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the American Declaration of
Independence, took many  ideas from John Locke, an Englishman, that
governments depend on the consent of the governed. That  all men were
created equal; that men have natural rights; that government could only have
limited power in the lives of the people, and men could only be governed by
their agreement. And that it is the right and duty of the people to rebel
against a government which seeks to impose dictatorship or tyranny. These
then radical ideas did not fill a jug, like water.  These ideas, in American
hands, lit a fire whose glow is encountered all over the world.

Whilst we non Americans do not always agree with you, and you do not always
agree with yourselves, disagreement is freedom's privilege.

Honour to you, America.  You live your dream, the true meaning of your
creed, in a candid light,  for all the world to see and wonder at your
majesty

'all men are created equal'

Sinclair