Re: Off-Topic

Dear Niven,
I agree it should have been done quietly and with discretion, but after
all, a polite entertainment of our ancestors was to watch the hangings  -
was it at Newgate? And to drive out to Bedlam and  watch the idiots at
play. We have a taste for the gruesome. (Even back to the Roman days of
Christians and lions.)
I suspect the American people may have been wanting his head in reparation,
but his face seemed wiped of all emotion. Mark commented he looked like a
child.
Any way, peace be on the souls of those who died and those who carry the
anger still.

Jean Sinclair Stokes.