Re: Lt.Col.Sinclair

Ian

I got on a website that says that H.E.I.C.S. stands for "Honourable East India Company's Service".

While looking on the internet for you, I also came across the following info on Sinclair in the Military in India.

Indian Mutiny Medal - British Forces

Surname Given Names(s) Rank Regiment or Ship

Sinclair Andrew Private 2nd Dragoon Guards (The Queen's)

Sinclair Angus Private 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

Sinclair Archibald Instructor of Musketry 1st Battalion 23rd Foot (Royal Welsh Fusiliers)

Sinclair Archibald Private 74th Foot (Highland)

Sinclair Arthur Corporal 8th Hussars (King's Royal Irish)

Sinclair Charles Private 9th Lancers (The Queen's Royal)

Sinclair Edward Private 71st Foot (Highland Light Infantry)

Sinclair Edward Malcolm Assistant Surgeon 97th Foot (Earl of Ulster's)

Sinclair George Able Seaman H.M.S. Shannon

Sinclair Henry Able Seaman H.M.S. Shannon

Sinclair Hugh Private 42nd Foot (Royal Highland)

Sinclair Hugh Private 71st Foot (Highland Light Infantry)

Sinclair James Sergeant 92nd Foot (Gordon Highlanders)

Sinclair James Piper 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

Sinclair John Sergeant 4/14 Royal Artillery

Sinclair John Private 71st Foot (Highland Light Infantry)

Sinclair John Private 71st Foot (Highland Light Infantry)

Sinclair John Able Seaman H.M.S. Shannon

Sinclair L Private 1st Battalion 24th Foot (2nd Warwickshire)

Sinclair Norman Private 9th Lancers (The Queen's Royal)

Sinclair Peter Private 80th Foot (Staffordshire Volunteers)

Sinclair Peter Private 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

Sinclair Robert Private 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

Sinclair Samuel Sergeant 78th Foot (Highland)

Sinclair Thomas Private 73rd Foot

Sinclair William Private 72nd Foot (Duke of Albany's Own Highlanders)

Sinclair William Assistant Surgeon 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

Sinclair William Sergeant 93rd Foot (Sutherland Highlanders)

St. Clair Henry Private 29th Foot (Worcestershire)

INDIAN FORCES

Private Sinclair Duncan 1st Bombay European Fusiliers

Private Sinclair John 1st Bombay European Fusiliers

The LDS also has excellent British Military records on microfilm (most of it is by Regiment).  They also have a finding aid to these microfilms (of which I have a copy but I just lend it out to the U.E.L. so that they may photocopy it).

WANDA SINCLAIR

Rexdale, Ontario