yay [Re: MISTAKE: PRIVATE MESSAGE...]

Good going, John. On an email list, I think people wait for the owner to publicly comment on such things.

I notice several people regularly email THE LIST asking individuals to contact them off-list, particularly in reply to email from said individuals. You've probably mentioned it before, but perhaps you could throw in a reminder some time, maybe give a quick tip about copy and paste.

Thanks,
Claire

>>> jsq@matrix.net 04/18/01 11:51AM >>>
Some list members seem confused about how the list operates.

Let me explain again.  This is not a moderated list.
There is no moderator.  There is no publisher.
No one decides what to publish.  Postings are automatic.

When a list member sends a message to the list, it goes to the list.
There is no manual intervention.  When it goes, it goes.
Everybody gets it.  There is no going back.  It's gone.
There is nothing I or anyone else can do about it,
no more than we can make the sun rise in the west.

The only exceptions are messages which are too long,
which bounce because of a size limit which is there
to try to cut down on excess quotations, as we have
discussed repeatedly in the list.

That particular message happened to be long enough to set off
the size limit.  And I happened to read it and notice it
apparently wasn't intended for the list.

So, Francine, you're in luck.  This time.

But, in general, everyone please try to understand:
once you send it to the list, it goes to the list.
Computers do all the work.  Nobody intervenes.  It's
gone.  It can't be stopped.  It can't be taken back.

Think before you post.  Consider who you intend your
message for.

	=>> Look at your To: header <<=

to see who it will go to.

This has been a word from the list owner.  We now return you
to your irregularly non-scheduled list postings.

John S. Quarterman