Re: Genealogy question - Allan family

Dear Jenny,
                  I have no knowledge of the Allan Family, but for what it is
worth I offer the following.  When I first came to Canada in 1948 my father
had me visit a man called Dan Bain, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  He said he was a
cousin of his, and thus of mine.  Dan, actually Donald, owned a company
called Donald H. Bain Ltd, and it was headquartered in Winnipeg, but had
branch offices throughout Canada.  Dan came from Caithness,. probably
Dunbeath, but I'm not sure.  My family all started from a croft in Dunbeath
called 'The Lappan'.  There are many of my cousins on the list such as
Margaret in Melbourne, Niven in U.K., and lots of other cousins around the
world that may or not be on the list.  Several of my fathers family came to
N.Z.,  It would be interesting to know how Donald H.Bain fit into the family.
 He never married, and I believe he passed away before I left Canada to come
the San Francisco.  Good luck with your search in any case,  best regards,
Donald J.H. Sinclair.