Re: Do you know these persons

The "Sinclair Freeway" is on he interstate connection I5-80 running from
Walnut Creek to San Jose and conecting wih the US 101 (main North-South)
coastal freeway, Mexico to Canada.  It was named after a pioneer ship captain
who came to San Francisco during the Gold Rush, and gave up the sea for a
better life as a fruit grower in Southern
Alameda County.  He was a community leader and very important in the growth
of Alameda County, whose leaders named a lare shopping complex for him, and
nominated his name to the Highway Department for naming that portion of the
new interstate connection which runs by his old rancho.

I remember this much from my days as a Sinclair Commissioner in Norhern CA;
since the time I came by the above informafion, our Vice-PresidentGary
Sinclair may have found where the captain came from and something of his
Scots family.

Ray Lower